Welcome to Belg'Chic












Welcome to BELG'CHIC - A certain look at Belgian style & design (in all aspects of life).

Q: So why BELG'CHIC? Why a blog about Belgian style?
A: Simply because I love it and wanted to share it with friends and strangers alike ...

Q: What does BELG'CHIC mean?
A: Belgium/Belgian Chic ...

Q: Why Belgium?
A: I am Belgian.

Q: Belgian ... Flemish or Walloon?
A: I am Belgian period! Not Flemish, not Walloon, not Brusseleir but Belgian! My dad is Flemish, my mom was Walloon and I - a mutt - was raised in Brussels, so tell me, how do I choose a side if this tiny country was ever going to be divided? I am all three, and love all three sides of this culture. This is why I wanted to share a little bit more about my birth place. I no longer live there, but I wanted to make a visual collage of all the things, places, people and styles that have and continue to influence my own sense of style - a Belgian perspective on Belgian style and design ...

There has been an 'Englishman in New York', an 'American in Paris' and now: a 'Belgian in LA' ... that's what this blog is all about.

I hope a few of you will be inspired by what is shown ... and get to know this strange little country through a different point of view. And yes, we do make the best fries!

This is a work in progress and posts will be completely random, but the main thread will always be my stylistic resonance.

You may subscribe to this blog and/or bookmark it for later reference.

I invite everyone to submit anything they come across on Belgian anything ... as I won't have the time to always be on top of what's going on ... and if I like it, I will post it on here.

Thanks for checking in and please come back for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

GREAT GIFT IDEAS - BELGIUM RELATED