Ronald van der Hilst - Part 3 (landscapes)



"For me, design is a language. When I design gardens, I ‘translate’ what the client puts forward and requests into a garden that fits like a custom-made suit - where I have shaped the style, the characteristics, and the forms into a single story, a harmonic whole. The lines of force form a stage for the poetry of the garden: the incidence of light, moments of time, the seasons, scents, and so on. So many elements constantly play a role in the garden ... every day of the year. Therefore, the garden should be arranged so as to radiate every day of the year! Design begins (for me ) with language: I start by writing a text in which I crystallize for the client and myself what the lines of force will be. That is the concept."

This post and more @ http://www.ronaldvanderhilst.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

GREAT GIFT IDEAS - BELGIUM RELATED